Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Constitutional Reform: Monetary and Fiscal Policy

1. No appropriation of money to any use shall be for a longer term than two years.

2. The sixteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.

3. Congress shall not borrow money on the credit of the United States but in consequence of bonds issued by law with the concurrence of two thirds of both Houses.  No law authorizing such borrowing shall be for a term longer than six months.

4. No legal tender law shall be passed.

5. Neither Congress, nor any officer of the United States, nor any State shall seize or expropriate gold or silver, with or without compensation.

6. Adoption of this amendment shall not affect the validity of any debt previously contracted by the United States.

2 comments:

RebelliousVanilla said...

I remember having these opinions too. I'd get assassinated if I'd become the president of a country, even though if I could reign for a couple of decades, my country would simply be the most badass country on Earth. By the way, I answered to your request related to references(I had to read again parts of the disgusting Qu'ran due to you :P).

I will write an op-ed on the healthcare debacle and how it will bankrupt the private insurers, consequences and stuff, but I'm too lazy right now.

B Lode said...

I will read your op ed, I promise.
I know very little about health care, which makes about the least relevant blogger in the world right now.