1. No appropriation of money to any use shall be for a longer term than two years.
2. The sixteenth article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.
3. Congress shall not borrow money on the credit of the United States but in consequence of bonds issued by law with the concurrence of two thirds of both Houses. No law authorizing such borrowing shall be for a term longer than six months.
4. No legal tender law shall be passed.
5. Neither Congress, nor any officer of the United States, nor any State shall seize or expropriate gold or silver, with or without compensation.
6. Adoption of this amendment shall not affect the validity of any debt previously contracted by the United States.